Follow this simple advice to keep your artificial grass in pristine condition…
There are a few simple steps that can be taken to ensure your Perfectly Green artificial grass product remains in the best condition for its lifetime. The trick is little and often and with this attitude, you will avoid any unwanted expense of restoring the grass earlier than would have been necessary. Neglecting these simple steps may save you a little time in the short term but not in the long term you’ll end up spending both more time and more money!
Lifting the pile
For this step, you will need a leaf blower, power brush or a garden vac. After the artificial grass is installed, it needs a period of around 6-8 weeks to fully ‘bed’ itself in, allowing it to totally settle. Using a leaf blower, power brush or a garden vac on a regular basis will allow the structure of the artificial blades to remain upright. Maintaining the artificial grass vertically will assist in avoiding flattening and compaction. Using the leaf blower, power brush or a garden vac gently push against the artificial grass in the opposite direction to where it is leaning. Simple as that and very worthwhile.
Leaves and other debris
All debris should be removed from the artificial grass surface, whether it is leaves or other debris. Leaving rotting vegetation and other organic matter is not ideal as it can build up and cause drainage. Aside from the fact that you wouldn’t want anything covering your new beautiful lawn! All you need for this step is again a leaf blower, power brush or a garden vac if you have one.
All installations should include a weed membrane beneath the artificial grass to avoid unwanted weeds and air born seeds embedding in the artificial grass. Perfectly Green products have drainage holes in the backing to allow for drainage, which is why it is so important for a weed barrier to be placed directly below the grass. Should any moss or weeds appear, ensure that only a water-based weed killer is used.
Just like a natural lawn, animal mess should be removed straight away. Anything large will need to be picked up by hand. The area can then be washed down using warm water containing a weak (eoc-friendly) detergent, such as washing-up liquid. Most stains can be removed fairly quickly also using a watered down weak detergent with warm water.
Artificial Grass Dont’s…
- Avoid large and heavy vehicles being parked on the artificial surface for long periods of time.
- Cigarettes, BBQ’s and Bonfires should never be used near Artificial Grass
- Mirrors or reflective glass should never be installed near Artificial Grass, the reflected light from the sun will burn the surface
- Glass and other sharp objects should never be left on the lawn unattended. Other than the obvious risk of causing serious injury to others, it can damage your lawn.
- The use of improper footwear, such as Football/ Rugby Boots, Stilettoes or any footwear that is not flat could damage the grass
- Strong detergents such as Bleach should never be used, always use the advised methods
This is not an exhaustive list but just outlines a few of the main steps to keep your fake lawn as wonderful as it can be for as long as it can be!