Synthetic indoor turf uses & best applicationsPosted on: 19th December, 2016
Artificial grass, whilst commonly used outside, can also be used inside for a number of different projects. These can range from everything from office decorations to indoor putting ranges. If you are interested in using artificial grass indoors then read this guide for some great pointers, information and advice.
Indoor grass inspiration
There are a number of great ideas for artificial turf indoors. If you are looking for inspiration, here are some popular options:
- Office decoration– offices don’t have to be boring. Creating a grassy breakaway area or adding a natural touch to the board room will do wonders for helping your work area stand out.
- Indoor putting range– Instead of venturing long distances to satisfy your golfing habit, artificial grass can be a great way of creating your own place to play from the comfort of your own home.
- Interior design- think outside the box when it comes to decorating your house. From table runners to naturally themed rooms, artificial grass can look fantastic as home decorations.
- Indoors kennels– Create the perfect play area for furry friends by using grass to cover indoor areas. Not only is it completely pet safe, but it easy to clean as well!
Read our 7 creative artificial grass blog for even more ideas.
How to install artificial grass indoors
Unlike exterior installations, indoor installation is done very similarly to carpet.
1. Prepare area
Before installation, make sure that the chosen area is clean and level before you begin.
2. Lay artificial turf
Roll out artificial grass across chosen area, leaving at least 50mm of extra material to trim down after installation. For best results, leave grass to lay for a few hours in order for grass to settle. Carpet track may be advised, especially in situations where turf is used for flooring, as this will make the finish more comfortable underfoot.
3. Trim artificial grass with a stanley knife
Using a Stanley knife, carefully cut around the border.
4. Secure edges with glue and seaming tape
Carefully secure all of the edges and borders of work area with strong glue or seaming tape. Take care with seams between separate pieces of grass, cut evenly down the stitch lines on each piece of grass.
If you need any extra information or advice on indoor installation, or would like us to take care of the hard work for you, contact a member of our team.
How much does it cost?
Costs for indoor artificial grass depends on how much space you are looking to cover. THere are a wide range of varieties available with prices ranging from between £14.95 to £23.50 per Meters 2. Visit our grass product page for more information.
How to clean artificial grass indoors
Artificial grass is incredibly easy to clean and most mess can be removed easily by simply sweeping the area with a strong bristled brush or vacuum cleaner. For removing stains, use hot, soapy water or carpet cleaner.
Want any more information?
If you are interested in ordering artificial grass or would like any extra information for installation or artificial grass uses then contact us today.